Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

let me tell you about "the birds and the bees"

What do birds and bees have to do with "it"?  That was a silly question I asked my husband the other day.  He wasn't exactly sure either...so I looked it up on Wikipedia.  Haha!!  Yep, I just turned 33, have had 3 children and have been married for almost 9 years, and I just learned about "the birds and the bees".

I was actually wondering what birds and bees have to do with each other to explain the how's and why's of reproduction.  Answer: Absolutely nothing!  

It's rather simple really.  Bees carrying pollen to a flower is supposed to help explain male fertilization.  And birds lay eggs, which is supposed to be a simplistic explanation for female ovulation.  

I know I'm not the only one out there who didn't know what this phrase really meant...am I??







Linked up for Miscellany Monday

lowercase letters

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...