Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm still here

I have had every intention to pick my blogging pen back up, but I have been kind of busy these last...umm...5-6 weeks??  It seems longer.  I don't mean that in a bad way--well, maybe just a little.  I'll explain.

Jessie and I are so blessed with 3 really great children.  They have their moments and I have mine.  As long as we're not having our "moments" at the same time, we're all good.  Just before Wesley was born, we got a couple bugs in our house.  There were some ear infections, sinus infections, even a ruptured eardrum.  While in the hospital, my husband somehow got pink eye and had to leave me in the hospital for a day so he wouldn't contaminate anyone.  A week after we got home and thought the pink eye fiasco was over, Katie got it...then we passed it around a little again.  Shortly after, Katie had another double ear infection as well as strep throat.  There were random fevers and...well, you get the picture.  We were hit from all sides.  I was recovering from a c-section and toting all 3 children to doctors appointments.  So, I had to adjust quickly to managing 3 children under 5 years old, but was overwhelmed by sickness!!

In observation of lots of little ailments and symptoms that Katie has had, we and the ENT have determined that she needs to have her tonsils & adenoids removed.  Her tonsils are what they refer to as "kissing" meaning they are so large they touch the uvula in the back of the throat.  So, my baby girl will have surgery in just over a week.  This should also reduce or even eliminate the ear infections, strep, snoring, persistent cough, and minor speech and hearing issues.

Now that everyone is well.  We have been dealing with vehicle issues.  Our gently used minivan has been in the shop for an unexpected week and a half.  And I do believe a diagnosis and cure are in the works and we will get it back early this week--I'm hoping.  I'm also hoping we will be reimbursed for this expense by the company who supposedly fixed this same issue under its previous ownership--we shall see.  Meanwhile our 'working' vehicle is making some funny noises.  Sigh!!

In the midst of it all, I have to remain hopeful that these things will pass and that while we are trusting God for healing and direction, that our faith will only grow stronger.  So I have to turn on my praise music and think on "these things" (Philippians 4:8).  Our children are so precious.  I could sit and stare at Wesley all day long and watch him stare back, and smile, and grow.  Katie and Abby have been playing together better than ever since their brother was born.  And they absolutely adore him!  Abby loves to hold & cuddle him.  Katie likes to come up and softly say (in the cutest voice ever) "Heeeyy  Boyee" or "Hiii handsome boy".  Abby is keeping a count of the number of smiles Wesley has given her, she's up to 5!  And they have the best daddy anyone could ever wish for--my husband is the best!!  We dedicated Wesley to the Lord at church on Mother's Day Sunday, which just put it all in perspective for me. We are raising our children for a greater purpose, and I will remain faithful to the role where God has placed me as I care for them each day.  "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" Philippians 4:13 

1 comment:

  1. You are such an awesome mommy Bekah! I had no doubts that you would adjust to 3 little ones just fine! I pray for you each day and will continue to do so my sweet dear friend! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...